Cambuslang Royal Arch Lodge No. 114

 

HOME

 

Contacts

Office Bearers

Sylabus

History

News

 

 

Lodge History                    

 

The Lodge history was last updated for the celebrations of our Bi-Centenary in 1969. The Lodge will celebrate it's 250th. year in 2019 and it is hoped that a new version of the history will be prepared for this event.

The recorded history of the lodge covers the period from the issue of our charter by Grand Lodge in February 1769.  Operative Freemasonry was of course alive and well in the Cambuslang area prior to the issue of the Grand Lodge charter. The first non- operative master of the lodge was not installed until 1777 and it was this master, Bro. John Hamilton, who donated the land for the building of our first Masonic hall in Kirkhill.

Our present building in Tabernacle lane was opened in 1904 and it's centenary was celebrated in 2004 including a rededication by our Provincial Grand Lodge.

The history written for the Bi-centenary will be soon be available for downloading  in PDF. format.